Recently we were alerted that one of our company email accounts had been compromised. Our IT Support have investigated and have assured that there are no indications of any data being accessed.
However, this is a matter we take very seriously and whilst all appropriate security measures were in place, we have now reviewed these and implemented further enhanced security measures.
When receiving any inbound emails we recommend that you exercise caution where:
• Emails contain a link to a website or attachment that isn't expected
• Grammar, spelling, terminology is incorrect or does not feel right.
• An email requests urgent action
• You don't know the sender
• The sender email address does not match either the sign-off or the content of the message
If you are at all in doubt in relation to any emails received from us then please phone the person you regularly deal with who will be able to confirm if the received email is genuine.