Solicitors for Oil & Gas Workers Aberdeen, Scotland
At Complete Clarity Solicitors, we understand that workers in the Oil & Gas industry are in a unique situation. We know that long periods away from home and working in difficult conditions brings its own set of challenges. We also know that this type of working pattern can make legal issues much more daunting. It can be difficult to communicate with your lawyer whilst on a ship or rig, so you need a lawyer you know you can trust. Complete Clarity Solicitors are based in Glasgow and provide advice throughout Scotland. From Divorce & Family Law, to Landlord & Tenant Issues, to Personal Injury Actions, Complete Clarity Solicitors advise Oil & Gas workers on all aspects of Scots law.
Personal Injury Lawyers for Oil & Gas workers in Aberdeen
Oil and Gas workers are exposed to some of the most hazardous industrial working conditions in the developed world. The most recent statistics from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) show that in 2011/12 there were two fatalities in the sector as a result of these risks, 39 major injuries and 95 injuries that required the people involved to take more than three days off work.
As well as the usual industrial hazards like slips & trips and manual handling injuries, oil rig workers are exposed to adverse weather conditions, hazardous & toxic substances, and dangerous plant and machinery. These hazards also exist on a platform where the nearest hospital is helicopter journey away - even the journey to and from the rig is not without risk. If you have been injured in an offshore accident or suffered ill health as a result of your working conditions, you could be entitled to compensation.
Health and Safety in the Oil and Gas Industry
Everyone has a right to work in places where risks to their health and safety are properly regulated and controlled. Health and safety law is about preventing getting hurt at work or ill through work, and if an accident does occur or you become ill, ensuring that you receive the proper compensation.
The operator or owner of any offshore installation you work on, including your employer, are responsible for your health and safety.
The owner/operator of the rig must;
- Prepare a safety case. This will demonstrate they have the ability and means to control major accident risks effectively - this must be accepted by HSE.
- Consult the installation's safety representatives in the preparation, revision or review of the safety case.
- Operate the installation in compliance with the arrangements described in the safety case.
- Implement effective measures to prevent uncontrolled releases of flammable or explosive substances.
- Maintain the integrity of the installation’s structure, process plant, temporary refuge and all equipment.
- Maintain the integrity of the wells and the pipelines throughout their lifecycle. This applies equally to well operators and pipeline operators.
- Prepare a plan for dealing with an emergency should one occur.
- Furthermore, your employer must;
- Co-operate with the operator/owner of the installation, other employers and other people to ensure the health and safety of those on board the installation and others working in connection with it.
- Carry out an assessment of risks that you are exposed to at work and implement control measures.
- Provide you with any health and safety training you need during your working time, free of charge. If it is necessary to arrange training outside your normal hours, this should be treated as an extension of time at work.
- Provide insurance that covers you in case you get hurt at work or become ill through work.
- If these rules and measures are not implemented and complied with, you are at risk of being involved in an accident. If an accident occurs as a result of failure to implement these you could be due compensation.
Causes of Accidents in the Oil and Gas Industry
There are various reasons why accidents in the oil and gas industry occur.
- Carelessness or recklessness - If you are injured because your employer, the rig operator or other workers make careless or reckless decisions in the operation of the rig, or act carelessly or recklessly in carrying out their duties, you could be due compensation.
- Delay or negligence in equipment maintenance or repair - If you are not provided with the proper equipment, or the equipment is not in proper functioning order you should not be doing the task requiring the equipment. This negligence could put your safety in danger and result in accident or injury. If you have been injured as a result of delay or negligence relating to equipment, you may be able to make a personal injury claim.
- Failure to give proper training - Proper training is essential when working in such a hazardous industry. If you have not received the proper training for your role and are injured as a result, this could result in a successful claim for compensation.
- Failure to properly communicate - It is important that any safety hazards or changes in procedure are properly communicated to you and your fellow workers. If you are injured as a result of failure to properly communicate, you may have a claim.
- Safety procedures not in place or up to date - If your employer or the owner/operator of the rig fails to maintain or establish sufficient safety procedures and this leads to you suffering an injury, you should be able to receive compensation
At Complete Clarity Solicitors, we offer clear, concise and practical legal advice. We’ll help you get the compensation you deserve. We’ll listen to you your side of the story and advise you on what might be an appropriate level of compensation. All of our personal injury advise is on a no win, no fee basis – if you aren’t successful you don’t pay us a penny. We offer a free consultation with our solicitors, where we’ll listen to your side of the story and advise you on what might be an appropriate level of compensation. All of our personal injury advise is on a no win, no fee basis – if you aren’t successful you don’t pay us a penny.
Contact us today for a FREE consultation
If you have suffered an accident or injury in the oil and gas industry, get in touch for FREE consultation with our personal injury lawyers based in Glasgow City Centre & Shawlands, Scotland, call us today on 0141 433 2626 or complete our online enquiry form and let us help you.
Divorce Solicitors in Aberdeen for Oil & Gas Workers
Working away from home brings a unique set of domestic pressures and sadly, many oil and gas workers find their relationships breaking down. In Scotland, there is only one recognised ground for divorce: irretrievable breakdown of marriage.
When this happens, you need a solicitor you can trust. Often it’s difficult to handle legal matters whilst working away so you need a solicitor who can handle matters on your behalf. Many oil workers live in Glasgow and the Central Belt whilst being based in the North East for work purposes. With our unique conferencing facilities you do not need even need to come to our office for advice. If you need legal advice on divorce, call us on 0141 433 2626 today.
Landlord & Tenant Law in Aberdeen for Oil & Gas Workers
If you are a landlord who works away from home for long periods, you may run into difficulties with your tenants. If you own and let a property in Glasgow, Edinburgh or anywhere else in Scotland and work offshore, Complete Clarity Solicitors can help handle the legal aspects of letting your property, including,, if necessary, handling the eviction of tenants for you.
Conveyancing Lawyers in Aberdeen for Oil & Gas Workers
Buying and selling a house can be a stressful period in your life. This stress may be heightened significantly if work requiries you to be away from home. Complete Clarity Solicitors can help handle the legal aspects of buying/selling and make the process as seamless as possible. If you work in oil and gas and are looking to buy a home in Glasgow, Edinburgh or anywhere else in Scotland, contact us today.
Debt Recovery, Personal Injury, Family Law, Conveyancing & Landlord & Tenant Solicitors Aberdeen
Call us on 0141 433 2626 or click here to make an online enquiry